The 32nd International Olympiad in Informatics (IOI 2020) will be held in Singapore from 19 to 26 July 2020. It is the most prestigious computer science competition for secondary school and high school students around the world. The competition is one of five international science Olympiads held annually. IOI 2020 will be hosted by the National University of Singapore (NUS) School of Computing. The competition is powered by Acer and supported by the Ministry of Education (MOE) Singapore and the Singapore Exhibition & Convention Bureau (SECB).
The International Olympiad in Informatics is one of several international science Olympiads held annually around the world. Exceptional high school students from various countries compete in the prestigious algorithmic competition to sharpen their informatics skills—such as problem analysis, design of algorithms and data structures, programming, and testing.
- To discover, encourage, challenge, and recognise exceptional high school students for their talent in the field of informatics
- To foster friendly international relationships among computer scientists and informatics educators
- To bring the discipline of informatics to the attention of young people
- To promote the organisation of informatics competitions for high school students
- To encourage countries to organise future IOI competitions
Each participating country selects a team of up to four contestants to represent their nation. The team, accompanied by a team leader and deputy leader, will compete in a two-day competition. Each contestant competes individually to maximise their score by solving three algorithmic problems within five hours.